Evening, everyone!
You know, the Slimming World Kitchen meals are very good. The ingredients are great quality, there's so much that it often does me three meals, not two, and the ideas are fantastic but, taste/texture wise sometimes they just seem to miss the bullseye. I've been pondering why and I think it is down to that extra flavour and texture that using a good oil can give to a dish. Obviously, being SW, they say to use spray oil but now some oils are a healthy extra it feels easier to sub evoo (or another) for the spray gunk. I know you can anyway and swip, but it sort of gives 'permission' and that really helps.
I won't be indulging in another box during August but, maybe, late September? We will see. In the meanwhile, I have two booklets, each with twenty recipes, to dig into because they don't just provide the recipes for the chosen meals, they give you recipes for all that week's choices.
I think that's really good.
The jam is mixed fruit chia seed jam for half a swip as I don't swip cooked or mashed fruit
It was actually really nice.
One F and one swip for the toast and half a swip for the chia jam.
Lunch started with just a mixed salad. One swip for dressing.
It was absolutely delicious, so, so much better than last night. I've made a note on the recipe.
It didn't need to be tray baked - it would have been easier and less heavy on power to cook it on the hob. I've noted that too.
Afters was an apple.
So, altogether, lunch was one swip plus one oil swip.
I had planned to make the last SWK meal, sweet and sour chicken noodles but Beth invited me round for soup so, of course I went.
No photo but it was a delicious vegetable soup that was free/speed and I had one slice of bread which I know was another F because I made it!!
No photo but it was a delicious vegetable soup that was free/speed and I had one slice of bread which I know was another F because I made it!!
Summary:
Two Fs and I will have some cheese later on for my C
Three and a half swips
Three and a half swips
B: pancakes, fruit and yogurt
L: falafels (from the freezer) with a spicy tomato sauce, mixed grains and a side salad
D: sweet and sour chicken noodles
fruit
There are no classes this week but I am going to try to be disciplined and access something every single day. Wish me luck!!
No comments:
Post a Comment