I went to SW group yesterday morning and found I had lost another three pounds. Six pounds in two weeks is not healthy or advisable but inevitable, I guess, and I'm seeing it as a bit of a silver lining, even if I regain a bit after eating normally again.
I plan to remain pretty much on BRAT for another day and then, all being well, on Monday, go back to SW planning again and slowly reintroduce the good Mediterranean type stuff I like so much. Legumes, whole grains, loads of vegetables - all that good stuff.
It looks bigger than it is - it's one of those 400g small loaves - 250g of white flour and 150g water plus yeast, etc. and it was very nice, just without the flavour, texture and filling qualities that a wholegrain loaf has. I'm planning to go back to my usual on Monday, when I resume SW counting.
It's also sweet and makes fruit and yogurt very tasty.
So now we know!
A bit later I had a banana.
This bread is delicious, but it doesn't fill and satisfy like wholegrain bread does.
Google tells me that white toast is 'gentle on the tum and helps bulk up stool'. Another bit of 'useful' info!!
At last, some colour. for dinner As I'm now in danger of going the other way and being bunged up, I spread my wings a bit. This was chicken, sweet potato, carrot. some basmati rice, tomato (flesh only, I removed the seeds and skin), garlic granules, chicken stock and a tsp of mixed seeds on top. It was very tasty, SW friendly and pretty Mediterranean.
Time will tell if it was too much, too soon.
OK, so today is BRAT with bells on!
B: porridge, yogurt and banana
L: leek and potato soup with bread to dunk
D: beans and rice - I have cooked beans in the freezer and some of today's dinner left over so it can all go in together with more of the pouch of basmati rice and, maybe, more veg.
Later on, I had another banana!
Time will tell if it was too much, too soon.
B: porridge, yogurt and banana
L: leek and potato soup with bread to dunk
D: beans and rice - I have cooked beans in the freezer and some of today's dinner left over so it can all go in together with more of the pouch of basmati rice and, maybe, more veg.







No comments:
Post a Comment