Friday, 25 September 2026

Eat Your Swips Friday: 15-09-26

Evening, all.  After several disrupted weeks, Eat Your Swips Friday resumes.  It does help me stay on track and also splash out a little bit.  I suspect I will be counting my oil swips and doing the maths at the end of the day.

So - after a very mixed week with more than a few 'stuff it' moments,  I stepped on the SW scales this morning thinking that a maintain would be a win, only to find that somehow I had lost two and a half pounds.  No idea how that happened but I'll take it with gratitude, draw the proverbial line and move on.
Breakfast - a hm bagel (very nice and chewy) with chutney and smashed avocado, my last rasher of back bacon and some fried tomatoes.
I wouldn't say the chutney worked with the avocado, caramelised red onion chutney would have been better, but not to worry - you live and learn.
Four and a half oil swips for the avocado, two and a half oil swips for the frying, one fibre hex for the bagel and one and a half swips for the chutney.  

It was very filling!


Lunch was the rest of the veggie lasagne with a bit of salad stuff.
One calcium hex and two swips.


Dinner was the Spanish white bean stew or Pochas a la Navarra (says the Spain on a Fork site)
Nine oil swips went into the making of this - everything else was speed or free.
It was absolutely gorgeous, much nicer that I expected.  It would also be lovely with added meat - chicken, ham, sausage, meatballs, chorizo . . . definitely one to go on the 'regular' list.

Afters was an orange.

Summary:
Healthy extras:  one calcium, one fibre and one oil
Ten swips for oil, three and a half swips for other things, total thirteen and a half swips.  Top limit is fifteen so I'm good with that!  I definitely ate my swips and ate well today.

B:  fruit, yogurt and mixed seeds

L:  prosciutto (actually, Serrano ham - I knew there was a reason why I bought some this week!!!)  wrapped figs with honey and yogurt
(this is a fingers crossed - I have a little fig tree and usually the season is neither long enough or warm enough to produce ripe figs.  This year, however, I seem to have two lovely, ripe figs ready for my tum!)


Here's proof!!

D:  chicken and bean casserole (from the freezer); might turn it into a cottage pie or something similar.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, 28-09-26

Good evening, all.   No breakfast - I wasn't hungry! I met Alex in town and we ended up going to Zizzi where I had a chicken Caesar sala...