Sunday, 20 September 2026

Saturday, 19-09-26

Good evening.  Hoping you are having a delicious and healthy weekend so far.


A tasty breakfast of Greek yogurt, a few chopped nuts, chopped apple, a very few autumn raspberries fresh picked from the garden and a tbsp of maple syrup.
The nuts were part of my oil hex and the maple syrup was two swips.

(I have resisted using the contraction 'hex' for healthy extra, but since the changes, it's becone a bit of a pain and never sounds quite right so 'hex' it is from now on - calcium hex, fibre hex or oils hex.  Sorry!)
I made this soup by roasting onion, tomato and sweet potato in evoo, adding roasted red pepper from a jar, Marigold vegetarian stock powder, herbs, seasoning and garlic granules, boiling it all together and blending smooth.
It made five portions at almost half an oil hex per portion.

When I warmed this portion, I added some chick peas for more filling power.

Afters was an orange.

Later on I had crackers for my fibre hex.

I finished off the risotto for dinner but didn't take a photo - it looked pretty much the same as yesterday though!

Summary
Healthy extras:  two oils and one fibre
Two swips
B:  savoury pancakes with tomatoes, peppers and mushrooms - I have loads of each to use up.

L:  stuffed pepper, salad

D:  chicken and mushroom casserole, vegetables



No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, 28-09-26

Good evening, all.   No breakfast - I wasn't hungry! I met Alex in town and we ended up going to Zizzi where I had a chicken Caesar sala...