Sunday, 20 September 2026

Sunday, 20-09-26

Good evening!  I had a big sort out of my freezer today as I was getting short of space and the tomatoes aren't giving up in any way, shape or form.
So now I have a list of stuff that needs using up which will save a nice lot of pennies from the housekeeping.   I even have frozen milk.
Breakfast was nice.

I slow roasted some pepper, mushroom and tomato in half a tbsp evoo.
The two pancakes (there's one underneath with the roasted veg in between) were:
10g buckwheat flour
20g rye sourdough starter
one medium egg
some Greek yogurt
finely grated carrot
half a level tbsp nutritional yeast
bit of salt.

And the whole thing was gorgeous.  Maybe next time I will roll the filling in the pancakes rather than making them a sandwich sort of thing.

Half an oil hex, half a fibre hex and half a swip for the nooch

Breakfast was so filling that I changed lunch plans and had an apple, two easy peelers and an orange instead.

A very tasty stew made with onion, pepper, mushrooms, chicken in stock, tomatoes, tomato puree and seasonings.  I had it just like that - no carbs.
I have a bit of chicken left which I will probably reheat and enjoy in a little while.

Half an oil hex plus one swip for some oil I had left in a jar of sundried tomatoes and which I'm certainly not wasting!

Summary:
half a fibre hex and one and a bit oil hexs
half a swip

B:  fruit, seeds and yogurt

L:  I found gazpacho in the freezer which I can have either hot or cold.

D:  roast lamb in gravy (from freezer) with roasties and vegetables

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, 28-09-26

Good evening, all.   No breakfast - I wasn't hungry! I met Alex in town and we ended up going to Zizzi where I had a chicken Caesar sala...